If you are injured on the job and looking for on the job injury settlement then you must speak with New York on the job injury lawyer at 866-ATTY-LAW.
Despite the care and precautions you and your employer take, accidents and injuries at workplace can happen. Your actions in the event of an injury can help or devoid you of your on the job injury rights which will help you recover from the injuries. Call us to know about your on the job injury rights.
Following are the essential tips for on the job injuries. These Ten Tips will help to protect yourself in case you are a victim of job-related injury or illness.
1. Always report your work-related injury or illness to your supervisor immediately, regardless of the severity or nature of your injuries. Request an "Employee's Claim for Workers' Compensation Benefits" form from your supervisor.
2. Fill out the "Employee" section of the claim form correctly and return it back to your supervisor immediately in order to avoid any delays in benefit. Make sure to highlight all the parts of your body which may be affected as the result of an injury or hurt by the on the job related injury or illness.
3. Always keep a copy of the completed claim which you have submitted to your supervisor. It will act as your receipt. Request that your employer return the claim form to you with the "Employer" section duly filled out. As per the law, it is mandatory for your employer to return the completed form within 24 hours.
4. If you need medical aid then you must advise your supervisor to arrange medical help.
In case you have filed a Personal Physician Pre-Designation form with your employer/employment agency before the on the job injury or illness occurred, you must see your own designated treating doctor as quickly as possible. If you did not submit a Personal Physician Designation form, ask your employer send you to a treating doctor or medical personnel as soon as possible. Medical treatment must be provided within 24 hours of filing the claim.
5. Truthfully and accurately describe in detail to the treating doctor/medical personal how on the job injury or illness occurred. Explain to the doctor about all the parts of your body that have been affected or hurt by the work-related injury or illness.
6. Attend all medical appointments advised by your doctor. Always keep a copy of all the medical slips and notes – such as notes given to you by the treating doctor related to your employment. You could be entitled for a leave until your injury is healed and you are fit to join your workplace. .
7. Keep photo copies of all documents/emails received from your employer or the insurance carrier regarding your on the job related illness or injury. Keep accurate records of the following:
8. Note down (in writing) all the facts related to the injury or illness you suffer at work. You might have a civil lawsuit along with a Workers' Compensation claim and this information would help your attorney in evaluating your case.
9. Consult with an On the Job Injury Attorney as soon as possible. There are various legal complexities involved in such cases which can affect the outcome of your compensation claim. Any early missteps can seriously affect your rights and compensation claim.
10. Do not abuse the Workers' Compensation system. If you injuries did not occur at your workplace then these injuries must never be reported. Filing a fraudulent worker's compensation claim is a felony under US Law.
As per the new law, never pick a doctor from a State Panel without first contacting an attorney who has specialization in on the job injury cases.
If you have been injured at work, call NY Workers Compensation Lawyer at 1-(866) ATTY – LAW
Our Law Firm is Located at following addresses:
30 Broad Street, 14th Floor, New York, New York 10004 Phone : (866) 288-9529, (212) 766-5656, (917) 535-7392
60 Bay 26th Street,
Brooklyn, New York - 11214
Phone : (718) 331-7700
20 East 205th Street
Bronx, New York 10468
Phone : (718) 733-9300, 718 LAW BRONX
100-09 Metropolitan Avenue ,
Queens, New York 11375
Phone: (718) 232-4600
WORKERS COMPENSATION NEWS -